Join the Memorial's "Travel to Learn" motorcoach series as we travel to the National D-Day Memorial to take part in the 70th Anniversary of the Allied Forces invasion of Europe during WW II. This event will include a ceremony with special music and speakers. $35 per person.
Program highlights include (but not limited to):
- a Golden Knights parachute jump to kick off the ceremony
- an honor guard
- recognition of D-Day veterans (over 200 D-Day veterans confirmed to date)
- guest speakers
- dignitaries including French, British and UK representatives
- wreaths will be laid by D-Day units
- the Bedford Boys “Homage” sculpture by the late artist, Jim Brothers, will be dedicated
- a reunion tent
- displays by living historians
- flyover including a P-51 and a C-47
- a chance for veterans to share their stories through oral histories
- a USO show at 1:30 p.m. that day.
- music, and more . . .