Game On, Greater Washington, brought to you by the American Diabetes Association National Capital Area Chapter and proudly supported by the Washington Redskins, is a one-of-a-kind festival featuring activities for the entire community – from rappelling and zip lining, to biking and fun runs, and everything in between. Redskins fans, walkers, runners, bikers, thrill-seekers, families and Association supporters will come together for food, live music and an adventure-filled day designed to raise funds for diabetes education, programs, research and advocacy.
Game On, Greater Washington activities include:
- Create a team and fundraise in one of four exciting events!
-Step Out Walk to Stop Diabetes®—A 5K Fun walk, or a 1-mile family-friendly stroll
-5k Run to Stop Diabetes—A timed 5k run, open to runners of all levels
-Tour de Cure®—A bike ride that includes routes for beginner, novice, and expert riders (14mi Ride, 20mi Ride, 35mi Ride, 50mi Ride)
-Over the Edge— An exclusive opportunity to rappel 120 feet down the side FedExField
- Rock climbing wall, Zipline and Extreme Obstacle Course for the thrill seekers in attendance
- Kids’ Zone with glitter tattoos, balloon artists, carnival games, an inflatable bounce and slide and so much more!
- The Health and Wellness Expo, where experts share their tips on what you need to know to feel your best—whether you’re living with diabetes, caring for someone with diabetes, or want to prevent it.
- Food, live music and a chance to meet Washington Redskins players, including team captains Fred Smoot and Shawn Springs!
- Members of the Redskins’ Women of Washington group are also encouraged to join Team WOW with virtual captain Kedric Golston!
Where: Saturday, October 22, 2016, at FedExField in Landover, MD.
When: Tour de Cure begins at 7 a.m.; Step Out Walk and 5k begin at 10 a.m.; the rest of the festivities begin at 9 a.m. and continue until 5 p.m.
- 5k Timed Run
- $25 registration fee, no minimum fundraising requirement.
- Tour de Cure®
- $25 registration fee and a $250 fundraising minimum.
- Over the Edge
- $50 registration fee and a $1,000 fundraising minimum.
- FREE Activities Include:
- Access to the Kids’ Zone and Health and Wellness Expo
- Step Out Walk to Stop Diabetes® (free registration)
- Live performances from The Reagan Years (12-1 p.m.), Rare Essence (1:30-2:30 p.m.), and The 8 Ohms (3-4 p.m.)
- $5 Activities (without a wrist band)
- Climbing Wall, Radical Run Obstacle Course, Big Baller, Hippo Chow Down, Hamster Ball Track, Extreme Air Inline, Geocaching (a digital treasure hunt with prizes!)
- $20 Activities
- Xtreme Obstacle Course (XOC) and Zipline
- $30 MVP Zone Wristband (unlimited access)
- Includes all events except XOC and Zipline
To Register: To register for Step Out Walk to Stop Diabetes®, 5K Run, Tour de Cure®, Over The Edge, or any of the other Game On, Greater Washington activities visit: diabetes.org/gameon.