It’s been two years since we’ve seen Liz Schafer’s work and this year she’s bringing an exhibit that features “the blues”. The opening reception is June 25th from 7-10 p.m. with live jazz and blues music by The Grace Period.
The event is free and open to the public. Shows continue through July 11th Tuesday-Sunday 12 pm-6pm.
RED, WHITE AND BLUES by eLIZzabeth Schafer
Elizabeth Schafer, a painter of music, was born in Eldorado, Ill. on Friday the thirteenth, setting the stage for her life to come. She grew up in the mid-west in Evansville, Ind. where she learned the foundations of hard work and good ethics. She now resides in Bay St. Louis, Mississippi, a short drive from New Orleans, which is one of the great music places that inspires her art. For more information about Liz see: www.artbyliz.com
Five other exhibits will open on June 25th with a reception and will continue through July 18, 2010
· TIMELESS by Robert Pfeifer
· FACES OF THE FOREST by Gordon Robertson
· INTERMINABLE WORKS OF ART by Richard Buhrman
· DERBY ART – RIVER CITY ROLLERGIRLS
· JUNE ALL MEDIA SHOW – this is a juried show with cash prizes. Awards and a gallery talk will commence at 7:30 on opening night.
Call for entries for the ALL MEDIA SHOW is on June 18th and 19th at Art Works. To learn more about the process for entering your artwork in the show see www.artworksrichmond.com/CallforEntries.htm