Charlottesville and its Alliance Française inaugurate the "14 juillet" Bastille Day festival 2011 at 4 p.m. on July 14th at Center Place with Gospel singer from Staunton Rosemary McCauly singing the Marseillaise.
1) AFC and Partner Stand; French songs for children with their parents from 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
2) A Flea market and photo and art exhibits including a stand for books and art, a stand for handbags, jewelry, perfume, trinkets, a stand for French fashions;
3) Food stands - crepes, croissants, French coffee, veggie sandwiches;
4) Salons Parisiens and conferences – Années Folles with Chantal Bouvier de Lamotte and Thomas Jefferson in France with Catherine Hermary Vieille – is held at SIIPS Wine and Champagne Bar and Bistro on the 14th and 16th at 5 p.m. around French wine and cheese tastings. A fashion show including cocktail dresses from West Main Bridal and Couture is featured at the City Space on the 15th at 6 p.m. (10$ for seated space, 5$ for standing space, tickets sold at www.afcville.org/)
5) Music stage featuring the Pollocks and a cabaret “From Paris with love” with Jean Jacques, Ariane, Natacha and friends, a dance floor in front of restaurants Petit Pois and Zocalo